Tuesday 28 June 2011

My "Recipes": "Andrew’s Maple-Mallow Ice Cream Topping"

I came across an old document of mine yesterday, and it contained my "recipes". I wrote them several years ago, do not think I have used any of them, and am not sure if they would be of use to anyone. Some seemed okay, but others when I read through them I thought "what the...what was I thinking with that one?"

That being said, I have decided to post them all, in a series I call My "Recipes", at a rate of one per post and no more than once a week. I shall also provide some background when I think I should provide some comments on them (which will most likely be on a lot of them). A couple seem to be similar to regular recipes for certain meals. Be aware that there will be some formatting/grammar errors on a few of them, as I will be copying and pasting them without changing any of their contents.

As I said, I do not think I have ever used even one of my recipes before, but if you decide one seems nice and decide to try it, please let me know how it turned out! Here is the first I ever wrote, Andrew’s Maple-Mallow Ice Cream Topping.
  
1 large bottle of Maple House maple syrup,
                                                  1 large bag of marshmallows,
                                                  1 Large bowl with ice cream.

How to make it:

Mix maple syrup and marshmallows together thoroughly.
Put on ice cream.

My verdict: Hmm...looking back this does not seem to be too bad of a recipe. However, I do not specify what type of ice cream to put the mixture on (I certainly would not want to put it on anything other than vanilla, to be honest), and I cannot remember what "Maple House" maple syrup is (must have been a brand I liked or something). In addition, I do not state if I should use small or large marshmallows either (I would use small). However, maple syrup on (vanilla) ice cream is pretty nice, and marshmallows are good with ice cream too, so even now I think this is not a bad recipe, though it is probably one for people with a very sweet taste in food, and one you would not have that often.

Interestingly enough, "maple-mallow" in the name refers to the marshmallows and maple syrup, but when I Googled it just now, I found that it is a type of plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment