Sunday 17 July 2011

"Sentimental" - Julian Velard

A couple of days before we moved from Littleport, I was in a store to get a few last-minute groceries. While in there, I heard a song on the store's radio I really liked the sound of. I took note of a couple of the lyrics, and put them into Google when I got back home. It turned out it was a song titled "Sentimental", by an artist called Julian Velard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6N23rCS26c&feature=related

"Sentimental" is a really nice, gentle song, and I like it: the instrumentals and vocals are great, and I was surprised to see that the album it comes from was released only a few months ago. I think it comes under soft jazz/piano, but whatever the genre, it is a fine song. While I will have to take a look some more of Julian Velard's work, what I have heard so far has been good, and hopefully I shall be adding his new album to my list of albums that I would like to buy. I am very glad I was in the store that morning, otherwise I would not have heard "Sentimental".

No comments:

Post a Comment