Sunday 16 October 2011

Jordan Hill

Nearly two weeks ago I wrote about Jordan Hill meeting Jordan Hill. Since then, I thought it best to write a little about Jordan Hill - the singer, herself.

To be honest, I do not know a lot about her, as the information on the Internet about her is scarce. I became aware of Jordan Hill when I listened to Rhythm Of The Games: 1996 Olympic Games Album, as a song that she performed, "What Am I Doing Here", was included in the tracklist, and is my favorite song on the album together with "Reach" by Gloria Estefan. I assume she sang the song at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, but I have not been able to find anything to confirm this other than the album. I was also able to find out that another one of her songs, "Remember Me This Way", was used as part of the soundtrack for the film Casper.

Her eponymous debut album was released in 1996, but so far there has not been a follow-up to it. I have read in a few places that she is working on a second album, and has possibly been doing this as far back as 2004; for one source stated that she was working on it back then, though theoretically she could have been working on the album even further back than that year.

Jordan Hill definitely has great tracks on it, and Jordan Hill herself is a brilliant singer from what I have heard of her. It would be fantastic if the snippets of information saying she wants to release a second album and become more prominent again turn out to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment