Saturday 1 October 2011

A nice walk

My brother and I went for a lengthy walk this afternoon. I have a few pictures of the scenery on the walk, and they were all taken by my brother:

This is of a local pond that we came across. It was covered with algae and had other filth in it, so I would not recommend a swim, but it looks good in this picture.

A grassy path in the area near the pond. The last time I saw a grassy footpath like this was in a town called Nocton in Lincolnshire.

A field in the one of the areas during our walk. See that trail on the left side of the image? Paths along fields seem to be common in the United Kingdom; we only walked for a short while on the path pictured here because we wanted to take a different trail.

Finally, this is of a poppy growing next to a neighbour's brick wall. When my brother stopped to take a picture of it, he came to a halt so suddenly, and had an elbow out: he accidentally caught my in the stomach, but I was okay apart from some minor discomfort.

Hopefully, we will go for another walk tomorrow. There are plenty more trails to explore around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment