Friday 9 December 2011

"Barbie Girl" - Aqua

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua was a song we often heard on the Open House Party on KIFS (107.5 Kiss FM). The song is often considered annoying, but I am fond of listening to eccentric songs such as "Barbie Girl", and since the Open House Party playlist is decided by requests, evidently there are others who share that opinion! In all fairness, I was not too sure about it at first, but the song quickly grew on me (not to mention the fact it is an earworm!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A&feature=related

It is hard to believe "Barbie Girl" was released back in 1997. I wonder how often it gets played on the Open House Party now.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Barbie Girl. In fact, I was listening to it on my way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what a great coincidence! :) Have you seen the video? It's pretty funny in itself.

    I do miss hearing the song on the radio.

    ReplyDelete