Saturday 31 December 2011

Closing of 2011

New Year's Eve...the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012, in just a few short hours. We began this year watching television at my grandparents' house, but fortunately, this will not be the case for 2012 (well, I would not mind being at my grandparents' house, but I am glad we will not be watching TV!).

2011 has certainly been an interesting year, although there are several occasions where I wish it had been better: we all could have done without moving to Cambridgeshire in January, only to have to move again in the middle of the year to Northamptonshire (having to move really did slow things down for us). I also think I could have spent more time outside...thanks to the situation this year I spent a greater proportion of time inside than usual. On the bright side, we have able to see more of the United Kingdom this year, I have met interesting and kind new people, and we had a brilliant week in Nottingham with family during the summer. Another great event this year was starting Air Nice-to-Livelands! It has been good to share my thoughts, improve my typing, and meet new people through my blog...all at once.

I am looking forward to 2012: to begin with, there are some very important world events that I will be keeping a close eye on, although I admit I have already been following their progress for this year. There are issues that my family...and myself...have to work on in 2012, but I am sure we will deal with them accordingly.

Finally, I should also note that 2011 is the first year since 1995 that we have lived entirely in the United Kingdom.

I have said all I wanted to say for now. Have a good New Year's Eve everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congrats on staying in one location! lol. Sounds like an interesting year indeed. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete