Thursday 23 February 2012

Building the Death Star

Last night, I was informed about and then read some good news! A group of students at Lehigh University have estimated the cost of building the Death Star from the Star Wars universe: at last, I can now start saving money towards a vital goal of having my own Death Star constructed...something I have wanted to do for a long time but not had a reason to until now!

The only problem is that the cost would be $852,000,000,000,000,000 / £543,511,248,000,000,060. Oh, and that most of the Earth's core would need to be used to generate the necessary materials for the construction of my own Death Star as well, and apparently the process would take 833,315 years to complete. Ah well, before investing in a Death Star, I ought to look into stasis technology or other life-extending techniques to ensure that I am around to see my Death Star finished; I will also have to hope that my Death Star will not be obsolete and therefore useless after so many millennia.

Being serious now, I have honestly never wondered what the real-life cost of building the Death Star would be, nor have I ever wanted to invest in or my own personal battle station either. Still, I do find it amusing that someone did make the effort to estimate the price of a fictional construction.

2 comments:

  1. Good God! That's a lot of cash. When I publish a best seller, I can gift you one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think you can make 852 quadrillion dollars? ;)

    ReplyDelete