Thursday 16 February 2012

Jagger

"Everywhere I go, I make them moves like Jagger; people say I have my own 'Swagger Jagger' but I tell them they need to get their own. They like my swagger so much that they are calling me Mick Jagger. When I go down to the clubs, everyone else get kicked to the curb, but because I am told I look like Jagger, the same does not happen to me."

"I suspected something was awry: I started to wonder why I was receiving all these Jagger-related references. Then I began to think: with my moves, my swagger, people calling me Jagger and telling me I look like him, I suddenly came to realise..."

"I am Jagger!"

This is a short, fun piece based on five songs that contain references to Mick Jagger; "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5 with Christina Aguilera, "Swagger Jagger" - Cher Lloyd, "The Time (Dirty Bit)" - Black Eyed Peas, "Tik Tok" - Kesha, and "The Hardest Ever - will.i.am with Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger. The "I am Jagger" ending is influenced from Mick Jagger actually being featured in the last song, rather than just mentioned. I find the "Jagger" references in songs amusing, and wanted to write something fun on the subject.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! :) I thought it would be something different: I would have liked it longer, but it wasn't easy making something out of small parts of five songs. :)

    ReplyDelete