Monday 23 April 2012

2012-2020 electoral map

Last night, my brother and I played a game of Run Off. As I mentioned in my first post about the board game, it uses the Electoral College from the 1990 Census; for a change, we decided to start playing it on the Electoral College makeup from the 2010 Census. This was the result:


My states are in purple, and my brother was the victor in the election with a vote of 282-256. He calculated that had we played it on the 1992-2000 electoral map I would have performed marginally better with 260 votes to his 278. The numbers for each of the states on the above image are their electoral votes for the 2012, 2016, and 2020 United States presidential elections.

The thing that both my brother and I found funny about this particular game is that it makes us the first (and only) people we know about who have gone through an election on this electoral map (even if the said election took place on a board game)!

Note: the above image is not originally mine, but rather, is our modified version of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ElectoralCollege2012.svg. Licensing is listed on that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment