Friday 27 April 2012

"Can You Forgive Her?" (swing version) - Pet Shop Boys

The Pet Shop Boys are a band I was introduced to via my parents' music collection. A few weeks ago I was looking for covers (primarily piano ones, as I like piano covers of pop songs) of the Pet Shop Boys' songs, and I found a jazz version of "Can You Forgive Her", a single from their album Very (bear in mind that the original is a synth/dance track, hence why I find this "swing" version noteworthy):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tNINKfP_Lw

It appears the track is from the single for "Yesterday, When I Was Mad", another song of theirs from Very. I assume it was the Pet Shop Boys who composed the swing version, but whether it was them or someone else that did it, it is a quaint little song and my brother and parents all thought so too.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'll have to take a listen.

    By the way, did your blogger interface change too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, but I'm using the old interface again until they remove it completely. Then I'll have to learn the new one!

      Delete
    2. In the dashboard there is a button on the right shaped like a cogwheel. Click on it and a drop-down list will appear, then press "old blogger interface". That should do it!

      Delete