Saturday 9 June 2012

An updated game of "Run Off"

I previously wrote about how my brother and I now play Run Off using the 2010 Census rather than with the game's native 1990 Census. A recent game of it was played over two days, and I took a picture of the board on the night we had to stop. This is what the game looks like under our method of playing:

Note all the pieces of paper to highlight the new census figures. They look annoying but they actually are very useful and give us the opportunity to play using the modern census. This was what the game looked like at the end:

The game ended at 272-266, with my brother narrowly winning. It should be noted that if we had played using the 1990 Census, my brother worked out that I would have won, and with an even slimmer margin at 270-268.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I am going to have to check out this game; it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link. :)

      http://www.amazon.com/Run-Off-Game-Presidential-Campaigning/dp/B00000JZKE/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1339340988&sr=1-2&keywords=Run+Off

      Delete