Thursday 23 August 2012

New ideas

Every writer, at one point or another, will go through a period where they temporarily run out of ideas for what to write next. This is called "writer's block", and it is normal. It doesn't usually last for long and can be easily cured by something as simple as reading a book, going on a walk, or even just taking a short break from writing (or if the block is localised to one to piece of writing, working another project sometimes helps as well).

I currently have this problem. The recent Nottingham trip provided me with a lot of content for almost two weeks, and I didn't have to think much about what to write. Now that I've said all I had to say about the trip I'm back to thinking about what topic to cover for each post. Not that I mind, of course, as thinking is a great way to exercise the brain.

This problem will be temporary! I just need to regain a little inspiration after cutting a load of work out for myself. I'll be back writing more interesting and compehensive posts than this one soon.

2 comments: