Saturday 18 August 2012

Stratford-upon-Avon treats

Today has been a busy day, and I don't have enough time to write a comprehensive post about our activities on the 10th of August. To fill in I'll write about the treats I purchased from the Stratford Sweet Shop:

From left to right: treacle toffee, Toxic Wastes, milk chocolate-covered nougat, and a giant gobstopper (jawbreaker). The toffee, nougat, and gobstopper are all self-explanatory, but Toxic Wastes are a hard and sour candy; one of my cousins introduced me to them and expected me to pull all sorts of faces from their sheer sourness, but I turned out to be fairly resilient to the candies (I could still taste how sour they were, but they didn't have much of an effect on me).

This is the gobstopper again, positioned on one of our plates and taken just before I started to eat it. It is completely solid and a very hard piece of candy; it can only be eaten through continued licking until it is small enough to place on the mouth and suck. Since this was shot two nights ago the gobstopper has lost little of its mass, but I have been able to lick all the colours off; it's going to take quite a bit of time to consume it entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment