Thursday 29 November 2012

The year-old chocolate

Back when my brother and I visited Nottingham in the summer of 2011, we went to the city centre with one of our aunts and a cousin. One of the shops we bought items from that day was Hotel Chocolat; I purchased some chocolate for Mum and Dad:

For the next year, I would ask every so often if they had eaten the chocolate. Eating the bar somehow became one of those things that "would be done soon", but whenever it was said that the bar was about to be eaten, it didn't happen. It got to the point where I had forgotten about the bar after it was buried at the back of the refrigerator.

Finally, over a year after I bought the chocolate for them, Mum and Dad ate it. What changed? The bar was re-discovered, and rather than leaving it to be lost again the chocolate was removed from the fridge and left out. Mum and Dad ate the bar over two nights, and said it had "matured nicely" after a year. Perhaps on the next occasion I buy some chocolate for them I'll have to give it to them a year after the date of purchase.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was surprised by how long it lasted! :)

      Delete
    2. That is willpower. I wish I could do that, but we did find chocolate in the freezer from last Thanksgiving that we all forgot about! I just ate. lol.

      Delete
    3. Frozen chocolate is very tasty. :)

      Delete