Friday 28 June 2013

Bloggers Blog Party - week #5

We have now arrived at the final week of Stephanie's Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party; here is my contribution:

Saturday, 22nd June: This day was incredibly windy, as can be seen by these trees blowing about. I thought it was going to rain while I was out on my walk but fortunately for me it didn't: I wasn't wearing any rain-proof clothing.

Sunday, 23rd June: I was looking through some items in my room and found this old, homemade chessboard, which my mother, brother and I created it years ago using colour pens and part of a cereal box; it's impressive that an item such as this has lasted. Believe it or not, we have played chess on this board before.

Monday, 24th June: This is the rose back from June 5th in week #2; while it is still covered with blackspot, it is fighting its affliction and had produced this flower, which has blossomed further since I took this picture. Mum's trimming has definitely done the plant some good.

Tuesday, 25th June: It occurred to me that I had not posted pictures of British coins here. From left: a penny (1 pence), a 5 pence coin, 10 pence, 20 pence, 1 pound (100 pence) and a two pound coin. Note how The Queen is on the obverse side of each coin. Not pictured are the 2 and 50 pence coins; I didn't have a 50 pence on me and as I rarely use the 2 pence coins, I forgot to include one! Sorry about that; I'll make up for this in a future post.

Wednesday, 26th June: This drink is apple juice mixed with a cranberry, pomegranate and raspberry fizz; it was a pleasant beverage after a hot walk. Mum also had a fizz, but she drank it with coconut and pineapple juice rather than apple. I would like to state, however, that there was no alcohol in either drink...they were merely fizzy.

Thursday, 27th June: This is the inflow pipe to the moorhens' pond. I've lived in this town for nearly two years and have walked past the pond dozens of times, and yet I had never noticed this inflow pipe until yesterday. The water had to come from somewhere, didn't it? The rain alone can't sustain the pond year-round.

 
Friday, 28th June: My camera and my phone. It feels appropriate to include a picture each of them for the final day of the party; it's these two devices that currently produce the vast majority of my photography. Granted, I've used my brother's camera, too, but he doesn't want his camera pictured here. Oh, and I know that I need to clean my main camera's lens!

While the party has now officially ended, I am seriously considering continuing with it, albeit at a monthly pace rather than each week. It has been an honour to participate in the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party and I thank Stephanie for thinking of me and inviting me. Stephanie's final post for the party is here.

4 comments:

  1. Nice cameras. :) Nice pictures too; I've never seen British coins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Sometimes the 5 pence coins confuse me because I think they're dimes!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I might try to continue as well. It has helped me think more about the photos I post and encourages me to take photos even when "nothing is interesting."

    I like that you included your cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will attempt a monthly post of a picture from each week.

      Yes, I thought it would be best to honor my cameras. :)

      Delete