Tuesday 6 August 2013

The baseball from the park

Well over a decade ago, I found this baseball at a park in Patterson, California:

It's ironic that I've kept it because I do not know the rules of baseball, nor has baseball ever been an interest of mine. It's more for sentimental reasons that I keep it; after all, baseball is massively popular in the United States, so why not hang on to a piece of that sport?

The baseball has not been used in any game since I've owned it. There is no structural reason why it couldn't be used again, however: It's old and has some minor signs of wear but it's sturdy and intact. It's even somehow managed to retain the smell of "newness". Still, I would prefer for it not to be used again, as I don't want to risk causing any major damage to it.

2 comments:

  1. Neat. :) Don't worry, I don't understand the rules either (yet)! When I learn, I'll explain. :D

    I just realized I didn't update my blog last night. I had trouble with my blog yesterday, so tonight hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks! :D

      Hey, no need for any apologies for not updating your blog. :)

      Delete