Sunday 20 October 2013

Phone pouch

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my phone's bumpers. Today, I'd like to write about my phone's pouch:

Whenever I carry my phone around, I place it in this pouch, with the device still being held inside its tyre bumper. I don't like having the phone bounce around the inside of my pockets, where it could get damaged, especially on its camera; the handset wasn't cheap...I'm happy to invest a little in its safekeeping!

I was inspired to write about this because, yesterday, my brother got caught in a massive and sudden downpour, and he wasn't wearing a waterproof jacket. His clothes were soaked but his pouch, which is a thicker pouch that the one for my phone, protected his phone from the water. Granted, the pouch wouldn't be much good if he jumped in a pool but it was adequate for the burst of rain. He was soaked!

6 comments:

  1. I like that pouch! I should get one, especially for my purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! :) If your phone has a bumper, make sure you get a pouch that will encompass the bumper, too; Dad had to buy a pouch for a bigger phone to accommodate his phone with its bumper.

      Delete
  2. I made myself a pouch (now already worn through again...) for that exact same reason - one of my phones actually got destroyed by a downpour! That was a very, very heavy rain that does not come often, but does come once in a while, so I did not want my new phone destroyed that same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you use to make the pouch? I'm curious. :)

      That's exactly the type of rain that my brother got caught it a few days ago. Massive, sudden rain. I'm glad his phone was fine...he can just dry off!

      Delete
    2. Just some colourful fabric, lined with an oilcloth-or-whatever-it's-called I found in my mom's fabric stash... for the waterproof-ness.

      Delete
    3. Well, I think it's highly creative; I wouldn't have thought of a homemade phone pouch! :)

      Delete