Friday 3 January 2014

The missing mint cake

Do you remember the Romney Kendal Mint Cakes I wrote about exactly a year ago today? Well, last year I finally ate the mint cake I received for Christmas in 2010; however, during my two-week visit to Nottingham in August, one of my cousins bought me another one.

The strange thing is, I appear to have lost the new mint cake; I have not seen it since I returned home at the beginning of September. I spent a quarter of an hour searching for it this evening but was unable to find it. I am confused as to how I misplaced a Kendal Mint Cake but I am certain that I brought it back from my grandparents' house; I always ensure that I have everything packed and besides, they would have told me if I had left anything there.

At the end of the day, this is hardly a major problem, but still, the mint cake is food and is a gift from a relative; I'd rather it not remain lost.

Oh, and I haven't eaten and then forgotten about it, either; the only mint cake I've eaten is my original one!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, hopefully someone didn't steal it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I know for certain that it hasn't been stolen; I've definitely just lost it. :)

      Delete
  2. If it were me, I'd blame my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot locate my bias bindings. Those I got from my aunt. And I definitely brought them home, because I photographed them and even already used one.
    Though a cake is stranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, mint cakes aren't what most people would think of as a "cake"; they're more like a slab of sugar...not messy unless opened!

      I hope you find your bindings. :)

      Delete