Friday 21 February 2014

My old phone

Early this month, I wrote that my Hong Kong uncle gave me his old - albeit powerful and near-perfect condition - phone and I gave Mum my now-former phone. So, after just under three weeks of Mum and me using a new phone each, how have things been?

As evidenced by my recent blog pictures, I've been making great use of the camera on mine; it's a fantastic phone camera. The phone is also larger than my previous one, much faster, has more built-in storage and has a high-quality screen. I have nothing but compliments for the phone and am grateful that my uncle gave it to me.

With Mum, as I said in the linked post above, she's been delighted with my old phone. Its larger screen allows her to have an easier time texting (no spelling errors) and its greater sensitivity to touch means that she doesn't have to press down hard on a screen anymore. Mum wasn't able to play games on a mobile device before but she is able to do so now. She also like its better camera, although this is something she really needs to practise with, as she barely took any pictures with her old phone. Again, no complaints.

Interestingly, while my old phone felt large when I first got it, it feels small given that I'm now used to my new one! As Mum is used to her new phone, her old one feels small to her.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad both of you are happy. ^_^ I keep saying once my phone goes I'm getting a Kindle and then basic phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What games does your Mum like to play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple ones such as "Glow Hockey" and Tic-tac-toe...nothing too hard or time-consuming. :)

      Delete