Friday 7 February 2014

Overflowing

Around a year ago, I wrote about a stream (which my brother later told me was actually a river, but never mind) here and here. Would you agree that the water level wasn't too high and had a fairly gentle flow? Well, this is it at the moment:

All the rain has caused this tributary to overflow and, as evidenced by the colour of the water, to begin eroding its banks. I can assure you that it is the same river as the one pictured in the above links, it just hasn't been this full or strong before. At any rate, this river's overflow is nothing compared to the areas of this country that are currently flooding.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like the non-frozen version of the creek down the street from my house.It'll be interesting to see what the Brandywine looks like tomorrow since that's where the Polar Plunge is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a difference!

    ReplyDelete