Thursday 24 April 2014

Politician list follow-up

As a quick follow-up to the post I wrote yesterday about naming current U.S. Senators, this afternoon my mother and I did two political memory tests: naming British Members of Parliament and American House Representatives. Between us, we managed to name around fifty (out of 650) of the former and around thirty (out of 435) of the latter. U.S. Senators are far more memorable than both!

Perhaps I'll do U.S. governors for my next list. There are only fifty of them but most people are unlikely to know more than five. I'll wait until these lists aren't fresh on my mind before I attempt it, though.

For the record, yesterday's post was intended as a bit of fun; it certainly wasn't a subtle attempt at broadcasting my knowledge of current U.S. politicians in a boastful manner, nor was it a way to "win" against other people! I just find things like this fascinating, that's all.

3 comments:

  1. You don't come across as boastful...intelligent, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, intelligent, definitely! :-)

    ReplyDelete