Wednesday 16 July 2014

Nottingham day visit July 2014 (2)

Here are some pictures from yesterday when my parents, my Hong Kong uncle and I walked around the Holme Pierrepont National Watersports Centre:

This is the main rowing area, taken from a pier at the south-western end of the water. There were a few rowers present.

This goose posed for us; she was still standing there when we walked away. She's similar to the goose who I use as my blog profile's avatar!

This is the whitewater kayaking slalom course/training area. There was only one person on the course when we were walking through this zone.

 This is where the River Trent flows into the watersports facility.

This is the previous image again, except this time through an HDR filter. I used an app called Snapseed, which my uncle recommended, to obtain this effect. I like it, but what do you think?

We all enjoyed yesterday. We'll see my Hong Kong uncle again at Christmastime.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I love the goose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second photo. It looks much more, professional, or something. Looks like you had a good walk. Also, I've never seen a white water kayak course before. Maybe that's just because the PNW has so many naturally occurring courses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, although I'll be clarifying my stance on this type of image in my next post.

      Yep, I don't think the UK has many whitewater areas. :o The vast majority of these courses here are man-made.

      Delete
  3. I was going to say...Is that YOU?

    Last pic looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete