Sunday 13 July 2014

Other town carnival (2)

Here are the pictures from yesterday's carnival. To be honest, I didn't stay that long; it was a small event and it was nothing I haven't seen before. I took some pictures and then walked back home.

On the way to the carnival, I noticed these houses under construction. They're in the same area as the path in the picture I posted yesterday.

This is the carnival; it was held in a churchyard rather than a recreation ground. As I said above, it was just a smaller version of something that I've seen before. I didn't think it was worth hanging around once I'd taken a few pictures. The church is on the right.

The building over to the left is the chuch again and the mansion on the right is a hospital. I am unsure as to whether or not the hospital is a part of the church grounds and if it is still a functional medical facility.

The churchyard contained an abundance of recently-cut grass, which gave the vicinity a tidy appearance and a fresh smell. Quite pleasant!

At the end of the day, my walk to the other town and back was over six miles in length; therefore, attending the carnival, even if only for a few minutes, wasn't a waste.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was small! Still looks sorta neat though. The walk to and from looked more fun, though. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walk was much better than the carnival itself. :)

      Delete
  2. Six miles is a good walk.
    It looks very rural.
    I always thought those bouncy things were way too germy. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my parents have never been a fan of those things, either; both because of germs and because they think they''re dangerous. I don't disagree with them or with you.

      Delete