Wednesday 2 July 2014

"Somebody to You" - The Vamps featuring Demi Lovato

The following song was released to British radio back in May but I've only recently started hearing it on the station I listen to:


It's "Somebody to You". The song is by The Vamps and features Demi Lovato, and comes from Meet the Vamps, which is The Vamps' debut studio album. The Vamps are a British boy band and their music is no better or worse than most other boy bands: it's moderately enjoyable overall, but I really like this song, although that can be heavily attributed to Lovato's presence.

I was somewhat disappointed by the music video when I watched it, mainly because of the expressions on the faces of The Vamps and Lovato: they're all wearing huge grins throughout the video. I interpreted their voices in the song to be longing, even a tad angry; the enormous smiles contradict that for me, although to be fair, they don't ruin the song.

I wasn't intending to write a song post so close to another; I had a picture post planned instead but that post is a little more complicated than I initially thought. It's been moved forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment