Saturday 9 August 2014

Boring and Dull

Boring in the United States and Dull in the United Kingdom are friends. Why? It's all in their names:


I think it's wonderful that a town in Oregon and a tiny village in Scotland celebrate their uninteresting names together. It's events like this that make the world a better place and - pun fully intended - make it more interesting. I'm also pleased to see that the comments on the linked article above are overwhelmingly positive about the friendship between the two places.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that's awesome! I love reading these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I have a postcard of Boring Middle School. It was a big hit for a while. I can't remember where I bought it. I remember looking the place up to see if it existed. Small Boring world!

    ReplyDelete