Saturday 16 August 2014

New earbuds

Two days ago, I wrote that my earbuds decided to call it quits while I was on my way to London. I also wrote that I was initially concerned that it was my phone's headphone jack that had failed, as the jack has this strange bug, which causes headphones to play in mono or not at all depending on the position of the plug inside the socket.

My new earbuds were delivered this morning. They worked, which was what I expected, but to my astonishment, they also worked properly no matter at what angle the earbud plug was positioned inside my phone's headphone jack. To my knowledge, this is the only pair of headphones that doesn't have to be positioned in a certain way inside my phone's jack; when my Hong Kong uncle gave me the phone, he mentioned that the only bug with it was its jack, and that all headphone and earbud sets he'd tried with it had been affected by the bug.

I have no idea why this set is immune to it. It could be because it's a brand new pair, but I am sure that my uncle said that he'd also tried new headphones and earbuds in the phone, to no avail. Whatever the reason, I am pleased; this is one of those small bonuses that make life a little bit nicer. I now no longer have to worry about the sound dropping out whenever I accidentally knock my phone while listening to music through earbuds!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe it's the brand. :) I noticed that with a few headphones I've owned over the years. Glad they're working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. I'm glad no matter what the reason is! :)

      Delete
  2. I shopped for headphones today. I might have to blog about it. I didn't buy any. I'm glad yours work.

    ReplyDelete