Sunday 24 August 2014

Peacock butterfly

A peacock butterfly somehow got itself trapped in our recycling bin; fortunately, my brother rescued the butterfly by fishing it out with a stick; he had to use a stick because butterflies are too delicate to be touched by human hands. Upon entering the sunlight, the butterfly spread its wings:

The butterfly remained perched on this stick for about five minutes while its wings warmed up. It then flew off the stick and landed on the ground:

By doing so, the butterfly allowed me to take a few more pictures of it, this time from above it rather than to its side. After this brief rest on the ground, the butterfly flew away.

My brother and I are fortunate to have had this chance to see such a beautiful butterfly up close; we are also glad that we were outside at the time it needed rescuing.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen that type of butterfly! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see quite a few of them here, but rarely this close.

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous. I don't think I've seen one here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did my own research...a European butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful, definitely. :) They're not found in North America, unfortunately, but they are found in Asia as far as Japan.

      Delete