Wednesday 6 August 2014

Spider's demise

Remember the spider in the bathtub, which fought a moth? I'm saddened to report that the spider has since died; my brother found its corpse in the tub a few days ago.

I hope that the spider's death was due to old age and not starvation. I note starvation because the tub doesn't seem like a decent place to catch insects for food.

I also hope that the spider had a happy life; I don't know if arachnids have any standards that define a "happy life", but if they do, I hope that the bathtub spider met them.

4 comments:

  1. D'aww. :( Paul the Spider died (sorry, referencing my Limerick). I might have to write another limerick in his memory! My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Paul the Spider and the Bathtub Spider have both been written about; nearly all other spiders don't! Hopefully they both had good lives.

      Delete