Tuesday 19 August 2014

Sorting out the room

Yesterday, I wrote about having to sort out a backlog pictures on my computer before I move. This afternoon, my mother and I spent some time sorting out my room; in particular, we sorted out my clothes. Most of them will be coming with me to Nottingham but some of my old clothes needed to disposed of: I had several old, hole-ridden t-shirts that I hadn't worn for years, a few long-sleeved shirts that were too small for me and a handful socks that were in ruins (given the age of my socks, it's impressive that more weren't a mess).

The reality of how close I am to moving out has not yet hit me. A possible reason why might be because I am going to live with my grandparents, rather than on my own or with non-family; even so, this is going to be a major change. I haven't felt many emotions throughout my college application process; no sadness, little excitement and little fear. It's strange.

There are still a few more things to sort out in my room. Most of the my belongings will remain here; it's important items like clothing, toiletries and electronics that I'll be taking. I will, however, be taking a few sentimental items, such as the framed pictures I have of our cats.

8 comments:

  1. That'll be me when I am ready to move. I know what you mean... it's going to be a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see...I still don't feel much about it!

      Delete
  2. Cat pictures = necessary! When are you moving? It sounds like it will be soon. Do you plan on living with your grandparents the whole time you're in college or do you think you'll venture out on your own eventually? I think my grandparents and I would have hated each other so much if I lived with them in college (haha) but financially it would have been so magical! I'm excited to read about your new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time next week, I'll be living with my grandparents. Yes, I'll likely be staying with them the whole time; Nottingham and its surrounding areas are expensive. It would be counter-productive to my education to live on my own there.

      Fortunately, my grandparents and I get on very well, and their house is big enough for one to hide if necessary. :)

      Delete
  3. Have you ever posted pictures of your cats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I have written about them before. I'll e-mail you the links.

      Delete
  4. Good luck! You'll have to keep us updated about college. I've been doing a sorting around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie, I will! :) I hope your sorting has been going well.

      Delete