Friday 3 October 2014

The need to finish them

Remember those brownies I baked a week and a half ago? My grandparents and I are still eating them, and I am not joking when I say that I have eaten brownies for breakfast on at least one occasion.

Nearly a week ago, I was forced to place the brownies in the fridge because mold was starting to develop on them. Fortunately, the mold is only growing on the exterior of the brownies and can be scraped off with ease but still, I was shocked by how rapidly the mold began to encroach upon my baking.

One of my friends at college recommended that I place the brownies in the freezer. I've never tried that before but last night I wrapped two brownies up in foil and put them in the freezer. I'll check them in a few days time; I am curious to see how well they fare while frozen and to see what happens to them when they defrost.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, we put brownies in the freezer. Since they're moist, mold grows quickly on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, there is not much difference between brownies and a danish. I gave Joe a hot dog for breakfast the other day. Similar to sausage . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had sausages for breakfast in years!

      Delete