Friday 27 February 2015

The near collision

I've already posted this elsewhere today but wanted to post it here, too:

"My return bus from college almost ended up in a collision earlier: we were travelling down a narrow, traffic-ridden street when the door of a parked car suddenly swung out. The car in front of my bus stopped abruptly and my bus did the same just in time, which caused everyone on board to fall forward, forced a few people out of their seats (my bag stopped this from happening to me) and littered the floor with bags and phones.

Everyone was okay but it was most definitely a "whoa!" moment! Kudos to my bus driver for his skillful reflexes; better a sudden stop than a crashed bus."

I think most people were shaken but more than anything, people were just relieved that our bus didn't slam into the car in front. Granted, we would all likely have been okay if that had happened but the person/people in that car might not have been. I think the person who opened their car door into oncoming traffic felt embarrassed, judging from their reaction (an apologetic wave) once they realised what they had done.

On the positve side, no one was hurt! In fact, the guy next to me on the bus, who fell onto the floor, looked amused by the whole event.

4 comments: