Thursday 13 August 2015

Jimmy Carter and cancer

Former US President Jimmy Carter revealed yesterday that he has cancer, which has spread around his body:


I am upset by this and not just because Jimmy Carter is someone for whom I hold great admiration and respect. Carter is a fundamentally good human being, who has performed an abundance of humanitarian work since he left office. For cancer to afflict such a kind and gentle person as him is deeply saddening and frustrating.

I have mentioned Carter in several of my other blog posts: (1), (2), (3), (4). In the case of that last post, it's hard to believe that less than a year has passed since I wrote about Carter's 90th birthday.

May President Carter defeat cancer and be allowed to continue his excellent work or enjoy a relaxing retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment