Sunday 22 January 2017

Free ride Sunday

For every Sunday this month, Trentbarton has been offering a free ride hour between 10:00 and 11:00am on any of their routes, minus some that are joint-operated with another company, such as Pronto. They opened this offer last year but as I possessed a college-provided bus pass back then, the offer wasn't of any use to me. This year, however, I decided to use it.

I travelled on the Rushcliffe Mainline to my grandparents' town and then walked back to Nottingham. Prior to today, it had been ages since I lasted walked my old bus route and it seemed like a good opportunity to do so. The bus driver was one I recall seeing when I was a regular on the Rushcliffe Mainline/Villager and it was good to see her again.

2 comments:

  1. Green Bay was good about offering free rides to Packers games and if the Packers won. I loved when that happened when I was on vacation. Such a generous motion. :)

    ReplyDelete