Saturday 30 November 2013

Birthday 2013

My 23rd birthday took place this past month. It was quiet for the most part, given that it rained for a significant portion of the day; here are three pictures:

This is my cake, a homemade chocolate cake; my brother and I used our breadmaker to make the cake the day before my birthday. It looks delicious but in this state it wasn't yet ready to eat. The above picture was taken a few minutes before this happened:

The icing! The cake's icing was made from cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla and a bar of melted cooking chocolate. It is the best homemade icing that I've eaten to date. Honestly, it tasted amazing.

Do you remember Run Off? (Posts here and here.) My brother and I played a game of it; it had been months since we'd last played it and I wanted to have a go for my birthday. My brother won; his states are yellow and mine are purple. To say that this sort of electoral alignment is unlikely in an actual American election is an understatement! Coincidentally, the result here (272-266, my brother's victory) is the same as the one for the game mentioned in the second linked post at the start of this paragraph.

It was hardly an exciting birthday but I was happy with it. I don't have any complaints.

Note: the above image is not originally mine, but rather, is a modified version of https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ElectoralCollege2012.svg. Licensing is listed on that page.

10 comments:

  1. Mmm, that cake looks awesome! Send me a piece, lol. Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks yummy. Happy belated birthday. My birthdays are never exciting, by choice. One year we forgot it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that your birthday was once forgotten. :( Even if you choose to have quiet birthdays, haven't it forgotten can't be fun.

      Thanks! :D It was delicious.

      Delete
    2. We thought it was funny.

      Rick, below, just started following me and I, him. Or maybe he found you a different way. We'll see.

      Delete
  3. Some are more memorable than others, but they are all special.
    Happy Birthday.
    Rick, your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and thanks. :)

      Welcome to my blog, too! :D How did you find me, out of curiosity? :)

      Delete